Only properly licensed service animals are permitted on the farm.
Yes. Our farm is a beautiful place to enjoy a relaxing picnic. Just be sure to clean up after yourself!
We encourage visitors to photograph our farm and kindly ask that you tag us in any photos on social media AND use our hashtags #LHFarm #TheSeriesatLHF If you are planning on taking posed photos, are receiving payment for your photography or videography services OR not, consider yourself to be a photographer, taking Arial photography, painting or drawing our farm, taking promotional photos, or are interested in private photography sessions, please visit our Photography Policy for more information.
Any day we are open, mid-May through late-October, is a great time to visit LHF! Every month brings new exciting changes to our farm- and because of our location in Northern Michigan, every year is slightly different too! Here is what you might see depending on when you visit:
- May- Prepping the fields for the season, our plant sale and planting
- June- Planting continues and the Lavender is starting to bloom
- July – Lavender is blooming and the farm is at its most colorful. Harvest and distillation begin
- August- Harvest and distillation continue and guests enjoy visiting our drying shed where thousands of lavender bunches can be found hanging to dry!
- September- Fall activities begin as sunflowers bloom and fall colors return.
- October- Fall Color! The Boyne area is known for its fall beauty
Several hives call Lavender Hill Farm home. Our bees work hard all summer to make LHF honey. Our raw unfiltered honey is available in our gift shop.
Yes we do!
- Our farm is proudly MAEAP Verified. The Michigan Agriculture Environmental Assurance Program is an innovative, proactive program that helps farms of all sizes and all commodities voluntarily prevent or minimize agricultural pollution risks.
- We are CNG Certified. CNG farmers don’t use any synthetic herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers, or genetically modified organisms.
- We are Pesticide Free and Chemical Free
- AND we frequently sing to our plants!
Our barn is ADA compliant and we have barrier free parking available for those who need it. Our staff are happy to help if assistance is ever needed. Call or email us ahead of time so we can make sure you have an enjoyable experience at our farm. (231) 582-3784 or email@example.com
We do not. Our farm is tobacco free which includes the use of e-cigs.
Please park at our Drying Shed Parking Lot located South of our Gift Shop and Events Barn. Golf cart shuttles will be provided during most events and busy times. Guest drop-off and handicap parking is available in the Horseshoe Driveway (Loop). Barrier free parking is available for those who need it. Our staff are happy to help if assistance is ever needed. For specific parking needs, call or email us ahead of time so we can make sure you have an enjoyable experience at our farm. (231) 582-3784 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com