Picnic at the Farm
Lavender Hill Farm is the perfect location for your next picnic. Our spacious property offers plenty of picnic perfect places for your friends and family to enjoy a meal surrounded by the sights, sounds and beautiful aroma of our farm. Pack your own or grab a to-go order from one of our favorite local restaurants and head on over to the farm!
- Guests are invited to picnic at the farm during operational hours or pre-show as detailed below.
- Our boutique will be open 10am – 5pm as well as before shows and other events. Our Lavender Soda, Ice Cream and Shortbread Cookies are a great addition to any picnic!
- We recommend bringing a blanket or camping chairs to enhance your picnicking experience!
- Glassware is not permitted on our farm, as our fields must be kept glass free. Glass bottle use is restricted to picnic areas only. Please help keep our farm safe and beautiful!
- Trash and recycling receptacles will be provided. Guests are expected to pick up after themselves.
- The consumption of alcoholic beverages is not permitted on the farm unless the event or activity is outlined as a B.Y.O. event or the rental contract for a private party permits such use.
- NO PETS (with the exception of properly licensed Service Animals)
Picnicking Before Concerts
The Series at Lavender Hill Farm is unlike any other music venue you have ever been to. We host concerts in our renovated historic barn, the music genre is always changing, and B.Y.O. Picnicking is part of the experience.
The B.Y.O (Bring Your Own) picnic tradition has been a staple of the concert series since long before it was introduced to Lavender Hill Farm. What was once a pot-luck dinner party with musical entertainment, has evolved into a true Northern Michigan experience. Ticket holding guests of The Series are invited to bring their own food and beverages and relax, socialize, and soak in the beautiful surroundings that is our lavender farm.
On concert nights, picnicking is welcome beginning at 5:30pm. Local Ground outdoor performances are from 6-7pm, theater seating begins at 6pm and main stage shows start at 7:30pm.
Curated Picnic Boxes at Horton Bay General Store
Take your pre-concert, BYO picnicking experience to the next level with a delicious assortment of gourmet foods and wine. Visit the newly renovated Horton Bay General Store before any concert to pick up a picnic box, crackers, and a beverage of your choice.
Horton Bay General Store is located just a mile up the road at 5115 Boyne City Road, Boyne City, MI.
Call ahead to have an order set aside for concert day pick up between 5-6pm at 231.330.7598. Pre-orders can be placed up until 2pm day of show and must be picked up by 6pm (so they can get to the concert too!)
The Horton Bay General Store has undergone recent renovations and is standing tall and as charming as ever. A wine tasting featuring the by the glass pours will be happening from 4-6pm on Saturday, June 25. Give yourself a little extra time to sample or to check out the broader wine selection and pick a favorite to enjoy during The Series at Lavender Hill Farm!