Come to Lavender Hill Farm on Fridays for workshops and activities for all ages! Bring the whole family for yard games and make and take crafts and a variety of scheduled artisan workshops.
- Every Friday in 2018 from June 29th- August 24th
- Kids Crafts: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. ($5)
- Artisan Workshops: Times and prices vary
Find Your Flow Summer Writing Series
Lavender Hill Farm is announcing a summer series designed to inspire creative writing and memoirs in the beautiful setting of our gardens and grounds. Join us for walks with spectacular views through the lavender fields, then enjoy reflective writing time with experienced memoir writers and coaches. This event includes a notebook, pen and lavender refreshments.
When: July 6th, July 27th, and August 24th 2018 from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Cost: $80 for all three workshops or $30 for one
Ages: 12 & up
To Sign up: CLICK HERE
Shanna’s Indigo Class
Indigo Loves Shibori Let’s fan the flames of that romance! Learn the secrets of a totally natural indigo vat made using kitchen ingredients, create patterns on cloth by clamping, tying, and stitching, then marry the two for exciting results! Students will go home with the indigo vat recipe, shibori handouts, and pieces of dyed cloth. Lavender shortbread cookies will be provided.
- Shanna Robinson earned a BFA and an MFA in Textiles from Eastern Michigan University. She has been making art from whatever material expresses her purpose for more than 30 years. Working in textiles, ceramics, sculpture and printmaking, she creates a varied body of work connected by a love of the natural world. Robinson is Professor of Art at North Central Michigan College, where she teaches art history, textiles and design.
When: July 20th, 2018 from 12 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Cost: $40.00 Payment of cash or check made out to Shanna Robinson the day of the workshop.
What to Bring: Apron, gloves (long gauntlet gloves, not disposable), dust mask, scissors, needle, upholstery or buttonhole thread, strong cotton yarn or string, 5 – 10 one-quart sized yogurt containers with lid or zip-lock bags, black Sharpie marker, old towels. Dress for mess. Optional: canning jar lids, washers, disappearing fabric marker, marbles or pebbles, pieces of 100% natural cloth.
Ages: 12 & up
To Sign up: email email@example.com Space is limited.
Andrejka’s Photography Class
Make your photos stand out!! In a world where your photographs are viewed and critiqued on a daily basis by your friends, family, and even strangers, do they say what you want them to say? With this workshop, take your daily photography from overly filtered snapshots to professional pieces of art. You’ll learn the basics of lighting, design, and some secret tips whether you are using your phone or a professional camera. We’ll be focusing on landscape, details, and portraits. We’ll also be covering how to make the perfectly curated photo collection be it in your home or on your social media. Walk away from the workshop with a a printed Polaroid piece for your wall at home!
- For the past 12 years Andrejka Hirsch has traveled the world photographing people, places, and events. She is a nationally recognized and award-winning professional photographer whose work has been featured in a variety of magazines, blogs, and marketing campaigns. After starting her career in Southern California, Andrejka moved back to her home state and currently has her company, Andrejka Photography, based in Northern Michigan and Southwest Florida.
Required: Cell Phone
When: August 3rd, 2018 from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Ages: 14 & up
To Sign up: CLICK HERE Space is limited.
Three Pines Studio: Woodblock Demo Workshop, a Make-and-Take Opportunity!
Learn how to print using a wood block and textile paint on cotton or linen. This is an opportunity to use both old and new blocks from India! Take home printed linen sachets, seasonal garden flags, and cocktail or dinner napkins! Enjoy complementary lavender shortbread cookies and tea.
To sign up: CLICK HERE or call 231.526.9447
Cost: $30 workshop fee plus $5-$15 for materials
Ages: 12 & up
When: August 10th, 2018 from 1 p.m. – 3 p.m.
Yoga in Bloom
Enjoy the fresh air as you move through a guided yoga practice in the presence of nature. Rain or shine, this group class includes a supported flow available to anyone, from the beginner to the advanced yogi. Yoga in Bloom is about having fun and finding nourishing poses, encouraging your practice to blossom! Each class will end with a mini Tibetan singing bowl meditation, soothing guided meditation, and a drop of house made lavender oil to enhance your experience. Get outdoors and come enjoy the beauty Lavender Hill Farm has to offer. Participants will receive 10% off a LHF purple racer-back tank, or a LHF t-shirt!
- Raquel, born and raised in Northern Michigan, has always been an enthusiastic, curious, and playful person. Throughout her life, she searched for ways to build strength but struggled to find a routine that minimized her lower back pain. Yoga finally made it’s way into her life in the Fall of 2014. This practice offered relief after a lifetime of tension and pain in her body, and also provided an aid to reduce stress and anxiety in daily activities.
After experiencing so much personal growth, Raquel decided she wanted to share this relief with others, and embarked on an educational journey of yoga. She became a certified 200hr yoga instructor, February 2016. Her classes are invigorating and motivational, all while making you feel safe and supported no matter where you are in your practice.
When: 8:45 a.m. – 10 a.m. Every other Friday starting June 8 – August 31, 2018
- 6/8, 6/22, 7/6, 7/20, 8/3, 8/17 & 8/31
Ages: All levels and ages are welcome
Cost: $15 per class (some yoga mats are available for rent for $2) Payment Cash or Check ONLY.
To Sign Up: Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the farm at 231-582-3784 to reserve your spot.