Roasted Baby Potatoes with Lavender and Rosemary
The perfect addition to your holiday dinner this year!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh lavender spikes (bloom heads) or coarsely ground dried culinary lavender buds, to taste
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons finely minced fresh rosemary leaves or finely chopped dried rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fine-flake smoked sea salt or regular sea salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 pounds scrubbed unpeeled baby (1-inch-diameter) Yukon Gold potatoes
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Combine the oil, butter, lavender, rosemary, salt, and pepper in a 10-by-15 inch (or similar) low-rimmed baking pan. Place in the oven and heat until the butter melts. Remove from the oven and stir in the potatoes until coated all over. Spread them out over the pan.
Roast (middle rack), stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes, until the potatoes are lightly browned and tender when tested with a fork. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days. Reheat, covered, in a 325-degree oven for about 15 minutes. Makes 5 or 6 side-dish servings.