Ratatouille with Herbes de Provence
Recipe by Amanda Moser
This recipe for ratatouille with Herbes de Provence is a great way to incorporate fresh summer produce or veggies from your own garden!
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 large summer squash, thinly sliced
- 3 medium tomatoes, thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Herbes de Provence to taste
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 3-5 minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the canned diced tomatoes, oregano, and dried basil. Lower heat and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Spread mixture evenly on the bottom of a round baking dish.
- Arrange the sliced zucchini, summer squash, and tomatoes in a circular pattern. Season with salt, pepper and Herbes de Provence.
- Cover with foil and bake for one hour or until veggies are tender.
- Let cool, garnish with fresh basil sprigs and serve!